Local commands allow you to teleport.

rowbo200
  • Closed

If you type in c_gatherplayers() into any server you are able to teleport without admin but not revealing things like a carrot or a tree only allowing you to see tiles and does not reveal anything on the map. This can be exploited to allow you to find lunar islands or certain biomes without actually going there. Also have found that locally spawned creatures have collisions so if you spawned 1000 Deerclops then you cannot get past them.

Steps to Reproduce

type in c_gatherplayers() into the command console and do not move it allows you to teleport without admin and can be repeated many times but if you move with wasd it moves you back. for the other type in c_spawn("deerclops",100) or more and try and run past them.

Do not forget to make it local not remote when trying it.

• GL Happy 1

User Feedback

There are many ways a local client can use the console or mods to influence their perspective of the game to gain advantages. It is an inherent thing from allowing mods to do many things outside of the scope of the normal game.

Changed Status to Closed

• Like 2

Share this comment

3 minutes ago, lakhnish said:

I tried what OP said in a stranger's world, it doesn't seem to be a perspective thing, it actually teleports the player.

It teleports the physics object the client has knowledge of around but it does not teleport the player to the server or anyone else. It is purely a client sided thing like tampering with darkness or camera mods.

• Thanks 1
  • Sanity 1

Share this comment

1 hour ago, JesseB_Klei said:

It teleports the physics object the client has knowledge of around but it does not teleport the player to the server or anyone else. It is purely a client sided thing like tampering with darkness or camera mods.

Yeah, I realized that afterwards when I trealized that the server owner was the one who did it, not me (hence the confusion).

• Sad Dupe 1

Share this comment