Lastest QOL Update Results in Games unplayable on Linux

hasues
  • Closed

I can launch the game, get my daily gifts, etc.  However, if I attempt to host any of my worlds, the worlds load, says it is connected, and when it switches to the actual game, the window crashes.  The processes then close there after.

Notes of interest in log:

[00:00:28]: New incoming connection 127.0.0.1|48857 <14215494834559226353>
[00:00:28]: Client connected from [LAN] 127.0.0.1|48857 <14215494834559226353>
[00:00:28]: ValidateGameSessionToken pgs-usc^KU_Xbzua2Bm^DontStarveTogether^RvUBoHNcF2LSMq2P9s6wo+y4KN5dDirBW8WgjTSzwI8= for <14215494834559226353>
[00:00:29]: Client authenticated: (KU_Xbzua2Bm) hasues
[00:00:29]: [Steam] Authenticated host '76561198018557405'
[00:00:30]: There is no active event to validate against.
[00:00:30]: [Shard] Read save location file for (KU_Xbzua2Bm)
[00:00:34]: Registering master server in US lobby
[00:00:38]: [Steam] SendUserDisconnect for '76561198018557405'
[00:00:38]: Connection lost to 127.0.0.1|48857 <14215494834559226353>
[00:00:38]: [Shard] (KU_Xbzua2Bm) disconnected from [SHDMASTER](1)
[00:00:43]: Parent process is dead, exiting...

Not sure why I'm disconnected and the parent process is dead.

client_log.txt server_log.txt

Steps to Reproduce

Launch Don't Starve Together.
Start any of my worlds.

User Feedback

Created a new world as well.  Same results.

Just an update, I can join the official hosted Klei servers.  So currently, I can't host games :(

Share this comment

Hi

I'm trying to host on my Linux and the game is messing with the game files, looking for the wrong paths

Share this comment

3 hours ago, zarklord_klei said:

can you tell me if the hotfix 455818 resolves this issue?

I was able to start a new game.  Existing games still do not work.  Same symptoms as before with the addition to now in both cases the game loading time is terribly slow.

Adding note.  Older games that needed to be retrofitted with map additions due to patching will work after that process completes and the game restarts.  However, once the game is stopped and rehosted, the will not load again.

I have had some success in getting old games to launch.  It is hit or miss.  It's as if that every other launch will give success at times in getting in?  If I go to a tan screen after I see the status "Connecting.." and the Vignette screen does not appear, I know it is going to crash.  If I go to a Vignette screen, then typically it is going to work.  However, when I hit the Vignette screen, it still takes a considerable amount of time for it to load which means that typically time is passing in the game and my character is in game while I'm waiting to get the interface to play.  I have also determined that sometimes it crashes when I close the game and Don't Starve Together attempts to re-login to Klei.

Edited by hasues
Expanded on issue.

Share this comment

2 hours ago, zarklord_klei said:

Can you get one of these worlds to load if you disable all client and server mods?

It is possible but it is the same behavior.  It's like every other time it may load?  I have the mods unloaded and it may work one time but the other it will not.

Edited by hasues
Better wording.

Share this comment

23 minutes ago, hasues said:

It is possible but it is the same behavior.  It's like every other time it may load?  I have the mods unloaded and it may work one time but the other it will not.

If you could provide a log file for when it doesn't work that would be fantastic.

• Thanks 2

Share this comment

it sounds just like mine.

I can creat a new cluster and may launch it for very first time,then it doesn't work anymore.

HOWEVER,the very same cluster can be launched with the Dedicated Server and I have to game this way.

Amazingly, when i try to launch the cluster with dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer from DST ,it exit while the very same file from Deficated Sever can launch the very same cluster .

From steam and Archlinux

Share this comment

I haven't seen any updates to this ticket, but I want to think that after the DST Workshop update, this is behaving a bit better?  Will keep watching this. 

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

Okay, I think we can close this ticket as I tested it again and the previous set of updates must have addressed this problem.  The games load correctly now.

Edited by hasues
  • Big Ups 1

Share this comment