Knobbly tree nut does not drop into the water when dock turf underneath it gets destroyed.

Mounir
  • Pending

I have small bodies of water near my base and I wanted to plant knobbly tree nut to protect the base from smouldering. However, the body of water is too small for a boat nor a raft, so the last resort was to use a dock kit to position the nut above the water, and then destroy the said dock with gunpowder. However, instead of dropping into the water, the knobbly nut spawns next to the body of water instead.

Steps to Reproduce

1. Find a small body of water where no raft or boat can be placed.

2. Cover it with a dock kit.

3. Put knobbly tree nut on top of the dock. Preferably at the edge of the dock towards the body of water. 

4. Place gunpowder on the dock, but away from the knobbly nut so that the nut won't be destroyed when the gunpowder explodes.

5. Light up the gunpowder to destroy the dock.

User Feedback

It's a feature to prevent this bug.

Can you reveal the whole ocean connect to that small pond, there might be a way to put knobby where you wanted

Edited by Tranoze

Share this comment

That small body of water is surrounded by land, unfortunately. You can see in the minimap at the upper right that it is not connected to the ocean. This time, I tried putting pinching winch onto a dock to see if it would work (hoping it would), but it didn't. 

Allowing the pinching winch to work with the docks should address the bug that you have mentioned. I hope this gets considered.

• Like 1

Share this comment

1 hour ago, Mounir said:

Allowing the pinching winch to work with the docks should address the bug that you have mentioned. 

the problem is land mark is 1 hex above ocean, so drill a hole in dock might cause some bug that allow player to drill hole on land, or even put statues/heavy object right below on land, and become invisible.
image.png.ca3a1dbd87b6692da2d272f30a6d3a84.png
Yellow line is dock constructable area, white line is dock real area, while red line is ocean area. Because they dont overlap, you might be able to drop object with pinch winch to land.

The better fix is just give an exception to knobby nut and let them drop anywhere, as when they drop into ocean, they can be removed 4 days later by axes, (if other type of statues (suspicious marble, celestial champion pieces) got stuck in 1x1 or 2x2, they are unretrievable, as we cant put boat to pinch winch them.)

Edited by Tranoze
  • Like 1

Share this comment