Klei Rewards syncing dropped/unwrapped items to Redeemed items

Omninano
  • Closed

This may belong in [Don't Starve Together] Suggestions and Feedback, so feel free to move it there if that is the case.

I have some DST items that I already own on my account. (For example, the Monstrous Lantern.) However, some of them are still available to "Redeem" on the Klei Rewards site, regardless. It would be very nice if the Klei Rewards synced up with your account to show items which you received in drops but didn't buy as "Successfully Redeemed!"

image.thumb.png.a88233b0c841dc566b3bfaa1df3d6e92.png

As it is, I sometimes am unsure if I already own an item or not and I will accidentally buy something twice which I already had and cannot receive my Klei points back.

Steps to Reproduce

1. Receive an item in the daily box unwrapping on the main screen.
2. Go to Klei Rewards.
3. Item is still available in Klei Rewards to spend points on and be "Redeemed" even though you already own it.

• Sanity 1

User Feedback

I believe you have the Timeless variant of the Monstrous Lantern, instead of the Loyal version that is available on the Rewards page. There should be a warning on the dialog if you try to redeem a different variant of a skin.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

18 hours ago, PeterA said:

I believe you have the Timeless variant of the Monstrous Lantern, instead of the Loyal version that is available on the Rewards page. There should be a warning on the dialog if you try to redeem a different variant of a skin.

Ah, okay, that makes sense. I used up my remaining Klei points yesterday, but when I get some more I will report back on if the warning appears or not. Thanks for the reply!

Share this comment

Can confirm: The warning does appear on the item when I try and redeem it.

image.png.84ed44e8756232951871383cc4d7863a.png

So this "bug" is definitely closed now.

• Like 1

Share this comment

@PeterA Can I confirm that this functionality on the website has been updated so that it no longer gives a warning when you have the same item but of a different rarity? (i.e. "Timeless" instead of "Loyal") Because I notice that some items show up as "Successfully Redeemed" on my Klei Rewards profile now, even though I never purchased Loyal rarities of them with Klei Points.

image.png.7752de22ccdb69096a75ba43c9c2f30b.png

I also notice that none of the existing items that ARE available for purchase have the warning message appear now. So I just want to confirm that is a change and not a bug without manually checking every single item against my in-game inventory :)

Share this comment

Hey, sorry for the delay. Yeah, we decided to remove the warning, and just show it as redeemed because it was generating excessive support requests. Despite the warning people kept on redeeming the alternate rarity and then would contact support to have it reversed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment