Klaus not spawning

Endless Greed
  • Pending

Of course, this could very well be a misunderstanding on my part, but on the wiki it says that Klaus' Loot Stash is supposed to spawn 1-3 days after the winter begins. Me and a friend of mine were reading a lot of things and doing a lot of preparation prior to the fight  ( learning kiting pattern and different stages, as well as ingame preparation such as armor and healing, also it was going to be a first for us.). What ended up happening was, I was fully exploring the biome every day after the winter began (I was a charged WX-78), but there were no no-eyed deers, nor was there a Loot stash. I decided to wait a bit, maybe the timer was changed, maybe the Wikipedia page was outdated. Anyway, I ended up waiting until day 28-29 and that's when i ran out of patience. I ended up using the console to spawn the Loot Stash as well as a Deer Antler. 

Steps to Reproduce
I'm pretty sure I didn't tamper with the world settings so much so as to affect the spawn rate of no-eyed deers and Loot Stash. The only thing I did was turn the desease off.

User Feedback

When you say you searched the biome every day does that mean you only searched one biome?

The deer and loot stash can spawn in any deciduous (there are sometimes two) or the mosaic biome. The deer can walk out of their spawn biome without any player interference.

To test if you've got a Klaus sack in your game, you can use the console command c_announce(tostring(c_countprefabs("klaus_sack"))) to announce how many Klaus sacks there are, or c_gonext("klaus_sack") to teleport to them if at least one exists. Make sure your console is in Remote mode when using those commands (the game displays Remote: or Local: to the left of the command input line, press ctrl to toggle).

• Like 1

Share this comment

Thank you, apparently there was a Loot Stash, somewhere, I really wasn't aware of this command but it made things much easier.

Share this comment