Inventory Items Missing

Smidge7
  • Fixed

Not all of my steam items are available in game, client log included.

Steps to Reproduce
Unable to reproduce

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

@Smidge7, can you try deleting your Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\client_save\inventory_cache_prod file. I suspect it got into a weird state and your game client thinks that it doesn't need to actually check the database.

Share this comment

Can you close the game, delete all of the inventory_cache files in Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\client_save, then log in, go to the inventory screen, then close the game, and upload a new client_log.txt?

Can you also try going to https://items.kleientertainment.com/HealthCheck in your web browser, and let us know what you see.

Share this comment

Ahh sorry, I didn't realize your account was in the new format. It looks like you find the right files to delete though.

Can you send me these file?

APP:Klei//DoNotStarveTogether/117883453/client_save/inventory_cache_prod
APP:Klei//DoNotStarveTogether/117883453/client_save/inventory_cache_prod_sig

Share this comment

Huh, strange. You whole inventory appears to be in that file just fine. I'm going to have to dig up some debug commands for you to try running locally to get more info.

Share this comment

Okay can you login and then press ~ to open the console, and then type paste the following text, and hit enter.

print("~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ item debug info ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~")
print( "IsDownloadingInventory", TheInventory:IsDownloadingInventory() )
print( "HasDownloadedInventory", TheInventory:HasDownloadedInventory() )
print( "GetOwnedItemCount BACKPACK_RABBIT", TheInventory:GetOwnedItemCount("BACKPACK_RABBIT") )
print( "GetCurrencyAmount", TheInventory:GetCurrencyAmount() )
print( "#GetFullInventory", #TheInventory:GetFullInventory() )
dumptable( TheInventory:GetFullInventory() )

You should see a bunch of stuff get printed. If you can send me your client_log.txt containing that info, that'll help track down where the issues is.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

Hey something must have changed because I tried logging in again and everything seems to be back! I'll make another post if it happens again. 

• Like 1

Share this comment