Intermittent graphical glitch on GNU/Linux

Captain_Rage
  • Pending

EDIT:

The issue seems to have resolved itself. I tried starting the game a few times a few hours later and DST is back to its former glory. Very strange, considering I haven't made any modifications or even rebooted my system since the glitch struck. It might have been some peculiarity on my end. I will leave the bug report here just in case anyone else runs into the same strange glitch in this update using GNU/Linux.

END EDIT.

UPDATE:

It happened again. It seems to happen intermittently when starting the game (menu + in-game renders glitch out). Either the game starts as usual and there are no glitches whatsoever or it happens to glitch out upon start. Seems to be random, to some degree, and it started after the Year of the Varg update.

The Year of the Varg update (build 254569) was running perfectly. DST has been running without any graphical glitches since it was in early access on this machine. After yesterday's hotfix (build 254751) the menu animations and in-game renders are completely glitched out.

Running lib32-mesa 17.3.3 drivers and mesa 17.3.3 on a linux-lts 4.14.17 kernel with a 'Dual core AMD C-70 APU with Radeon HD Graphics (-MCP-)'.

Something clearly changed for the worse. I haven't been updating my system for the last day or two, so there shouldn't have been any alterations on the system from my part.

I can provide any relevant log files if you specify which ones. Summary: This occurred after yesterday's hotfix (build 254751).

glitchMenu.thumb.png.e0982ea30f4eed186b402cd827681fac.png

glitchMain.thumb.png.dd8ec0fe4916fb95b59bfd9d52836d06.png

glitchEsc.thumb.png.7fd2187f5868a9bc224840a49807fcdc.png

Steps to Reproduce
Start Don't Starve Together (build 254751) on GNU/Linux. Note the glitched in-game and menu renders. EDIT: It only happened once, apparently (?) UPDATE: It happens intermittently when starting the game

User Feedback