infinite use 0% trap

jakethebeest
  • Fixed

after generating a new world i found a failed survivor set piece right next to the portal which had a 0% trap. testing it out i discovered the trap had infinite uses on it, (caught 9 rabbits with it). the trap also wasn't working correctly. after grabbing the rabbit out of it. the trap remained on the ground instead of being returned to the inventory. though it could still be picked up.

testing with a normal crafted trap it worked correctly. 

also i must add this is a moded world, two mods were installed at world gen: epic health bar and health info. i doubt this have any impact on how the world generates but i figured it was worth mentioning 

20220630180024_1.jpg

20220630175641_1.jpg

Steps to Reproduce

here is the world file. simply roll back/regenerate this world. the broken trap is right next to the portal. otherwise find a world with a old bones setpiece with a trap and hope its a 0%

Cluster_40.zip

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Thank you. There was a bug related to this thing in specific that I put a workaround for to make it not crash I did not find out what was creating a 0% durability trap in a player's inventory. I will check this when I can.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

Thanks for the worldgen seed it helped out during tests. The error was in random_damage scenario being able to produce a finiteuses component with 0 whole uses and has been clamped to require at least one use. This file has not been touched since porting over from Don't Starve single player.

Changed Status to Fixed

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment