Inconsistent Pig and Nightmare creature Stunlocks

Nettalie
  • Pending

Some times when fighting Pigs it's possibly to stunlock them indefinitely without them breaking free (their hit animation is getting cancelled into another hit animation), while other times they do not get stunlocked by attacking them continously.

Likewise it is sometimes possible to cancel a Nightmare creature's disappear animation for an additional hit (they get hit while teleporting, appear where they would have teleported and immediately teleport to another location), while other times they will not show the same behaviour.

This seems to be consistent per session for both of these problems, so if for example during one session pigs can be stunlocked, they all will be stunlockable for that session but may or may not during another session.

Note that I can only speak from the perspective of someone who plays with caves enabled. I do not know if or how this might differ for forest only hosted servers.

Steps to Reproduce
  1. Start a session,
  2. Attack a pig or a nightmare creature,
  3. End the session to start another (close the server and launch it again),
  4. Repeat step 2 and 3 until different hit behaviour is shown.
  • Like 2

User Feedback

Also because I know that it will be mentioned, I am aware that tickrate affects them.

I just don't understand why it is inconsistent then if I were to launch the exact same world again, that's the part that confuses me.

Share this comment