I cannot load my DST world because it is stuck on "loading"- this happened after the new Wes update.

CelestialMaster
  • Pending

I woke up in the morning and loaded my DST world without any issues and played for a little while. Later, after the new Wes update, I tried loading my world again but when I loaded into it, my character was invisible and I couldn't move, then a few seconds later I got kicked and the message "Could not connect to server" appeared. I tried to load into the server multiple times but the same thing happened each time. I then tried to remove all of my mods and load it again but the same thing happened, only the large chests and icebox in my world were gone for the few seconds I was in the world before i got kicked again. I then tried to rollback my world a couple of days, but when i pressed "resume world" the server loaded for around 10seconds, then closed and the error message "Dedicated server failed to load. Please try again." appeared. I tried to load it multiple times after that but the same issue occurred each time. Finally, I tried to re-enable all of the mods and load it again, but this time instead of an error message appearing, the server just got stuck on "loading" and neither opened nor closed. I have tried everything I can think of, including verifying the integrity of the DST files, reinstalling the game and restarting my laptop, but nothing seemed to work. The fix needed to solve this issue is beyond my skill level so any help would be appreciated. Mods are shown below. (Server mods on the left, client mods on the right). For reference, my world was on day 423 before the re-roll and is now on day 420 after the re-roll.

Screenshot 2021-04-02 at 11.19.07.png

Screenshot 2021-04-02 at 11.19.31.png

Steps to Reproduce

1) Load DST and load server- does not work

2) Disable mods and load server again- does not work

3) Re-roll server 3 days and try again- error message appears

4) Re-enable all mods and try again-server stuck on launching

Screenshot 2021-04-02 at 11.21.26.png

User Feedback

I have the same problem, after the update I cannot open my world for more than 500 days. It is in an eternal loop trying to launch the world.

imagen_2021-04-02_141117.png

Share this comment

Could you please attach the Master and Caves server_log.txt files for the server you are trying to launch?

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

5 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:

Could you please attach the Master and Caves server_log.txt files for the server you are trying to launch?

The first one is the master server_log and the second is the caves one. Hope this helps

server_log.txt server_log.txt

Edited by CelestialMaster

Share this comment

1 minute ago, ScottHansen said:

Thank you, that did help a bit. Would you be able to zip up your cluster folder and send it to me?

Im not sure if this is how u do it but I think ive done it.

Cluster_1.zip

• Big Ups 1

Share this comment

I have the exact same problem too. Mine is a Day 549 dedicated server. Tried troubleshooting like CelestialMaster to no avail. I am so devastated right now. Any idea if this problem will be resolved? :(

Share this comment