Heavy Lag surrounding Base in LAN Only

QuestForFood
  • Pending

I experience heavy lag in the area surrounding my base (Approximately until 3-4 screens away from the center of my base but less if directly in the base). If I leave the area further game speed returns to normal. The Host performance during the Lag is described as Bad.

I play solo in Lan Only mode. My Server is over 500 days old but no Megabase. I have used the Server Mods Automatic Health Adjust and Epic Healthbar as well as the client Mod Geomatric Placement. Turning off the mods doesn't change the Lag.  

Attached is my Client Log and my Computer Specs if my laptop is just too old to play it properly.

system_information.txt

Steps to Reproduce

Leave my base, experience lag.

User Feedback

I'd be interested in determining the source of the lag. Would you be able to zip your cluster file for the server and send it to me? And if you could provide some land marks or structures to teleport to.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

Thanks for the attention, I have the Moon Lens and Lazy Deserter built in my base and have marked the area where I most often experience the lag with a red and blue moonlens. Now I have also experienced the lag in other places such as the caves and near the pig king but only rarely. The areas marked with the moonlens  almost always cause lag.

Cluster_5.zip

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

I took a quick look in those areas. Unfortunately their is nothing major that I could find. The best suggestion I have is to cull the mole population. The dirt mound fx when they move are quite expensive for what they are.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

Thanks, I did reduce the mole population to one but up until now nothing seems to have changed all that much (maybe a slight improvement). But the lag does come and go and I have phases where I experience no lag at all so it is difficult to pin it on something.

Thanks again for the help.

Share this comment