Hammering mushlight and glowcap doesn't give correct items.

Bird Up
  • Pending

So this makes no sense to me which is why I'm confidently putting it in bugs.

Hammering the mushlight and glowcap doesn't give you the poop bucket back which is in the recipe, instead it gives you half the materials of the poop bucket. Though this isn't how every other item works.

If you look at the cartographer desk and ocuvigil, when you hammer them you get the full compass back - you don't get half the materials for the compass. The ocuvigil even gives you the full moon lense back, which is crafted from 3 moon rock nuggets. The same goes for the Sign and Directional Sign structures. The sign is made with 1 board, and when you hammer it, it gives 1 board back - not 2 logs (half board recipe). Another example is the Prestihatitator - hammering it gives you the full top hat - not 3 silk. Just a final example, the Winter's Feast table is made with 1 board and 1 beefalo fur, and when you hammer it, you get 100% ingredients back, you don't get 2 logs from the 1 board. So this is how it has consistently worked, but the poop bucket from the mushlight and glowcap are an outlier.

Steps to Reproduce
Hammer mushlight/glow cap. Notice you don't get poop bucket back.

User Feedback

17 hours ago, jantonio said:

I think it is intended, getting back a poop bucket would raise the use back to 100%. @Bird Up

There are already items that do that which I gave in examples. Winter feast table and signs give 100% items back because the hammer works as intended, half materials used rounded up to nearest 1 digit. Glowcap and Mushlight are outliers as I demonstrated. Every other item that requires 1 of something gives 1 back when hammered because it is rounded up.

edit: Ah I'm realizing they probably have they poop bucket destroyed because you could have infinite fertilization by using 9/10 uses of the poop bucket, then craft the lamp with it, smash it for a refreshed poop bucket. I assume that's the reason why it's different from other items now.

Edited by Bird Up

Share this comment