Global/survivor/events settings that should (ideally) be set only by master are omitted in the latest update's world settings sync

thegreatmanagement
  • Pending

For one, I am thankful for the new update adding settings sync for some of the world settings (like portal revive, drop items on despawn, etc), that is genuinely exciting to see! However, I noticed some settings that are categorized as "Global" or "Survivor" in the world settings screens ingame, of which include the following: 

specialevent= "default",			-- "none", "default"
	autumn="default",				-- "noseason", "veryshortseason", "shortseason", "default", "longseason", "verylongseason", "random"
    	winter="default",				-- "noseason", "veryshortseason", "shortseason", "default", "longseason", "verylongseason", "random"
	spring="default",				-- "noseason", "veryshortseason", "shortseason", "default", "longseason", "verylongseason", "random"
	summer="default",				-- "noseason", "veryshortseason", "shortseason", "default", "longseason", "verylongseason", "random"
    	day="default",					-- "default", "longday", "longdusk", "longnight", "noday", "nodusk", "nonight", "onlyday", "onlydusk", "onlynight"
	beefaloheat="default",				-- "never", "rare", "default", "often", "always"

-- SURVIVORS
	extrastartingitems="default",			-- "0", "5", "default", "15", "20", "none"
	seasonalstartingitems="default",		-- "none", "default",
	spawnprotection="default",			-- "none", "default", "always"

I also noticed that events are not specified / synced between master and caves shard; this is peculiar, because I cannot think of any instances where you would want an event enabled for only one shard, but not the other. I believe that in game, these are not synced by default as well, you have to enable events in both shards separately. 

-- EVENTS
	crow_carnival="default",			-- "default", "enabled"
	hallowed_nights="default",			-- "default", "enabled"
	winters_feast="default",			-- "default", "enabled"
	year_of_the_gobbler="default",			-- "default", "enabled"
	year_of_the_varg="default", 			-- "default", "enabled"
	year_of_the_pig="default",			-- "default", "enabled"
	year_of_the_carrat="default",			-- "default", "enabled"
	year_of_the_beefalo="default",			-- "default", "enabled"
	year_of_the_catcoon="default",			-- "default", "enabled"

This is not explicitly a bug post, as much as an inquiry/question of whether or not this is intentional that these features are not synced/left out. Thank you for your time in reviewing this, I hope that these are also added to the master/caves settings sync! 

Screenshots below are to show how many of the settings mentioned above are only visible for the Master shard in the Host Game menu, but (in the caves leveldataoverrides.lua and in dedicated server worldgenoverrides.lua's, still can be/have to be set for caves for some reason) 

This report is directly related to this previously accepted one (global settings needing to be set for master/caves) 

image.thumb.png.a3b2d243c48161def1e6fb6b969b777a.pngimage.thumb.png.8bd48afcfa6501c020a4fdbf50137731.pngimage.thumb.png.82a692b0629a4fe525e1698298658bf0.pngunknown.png

Steps to Reproduce

See screenshots above. The inconsistency is plain and clear to see 

User Feedback

There are no comments to display.