Game takes a really long time to load each day

SonicDen220
  • Fixed

Every time the game changes to the next day, everything in the game freezes for over 30 seconds. I'm hosting the world and playing alone. 

Like, for example, I took the screenshot while everything was still frozen and I was just running in place. The day clock still moves, interestingly enough. 

20220326165654_1.thumb.jpg.c469995a663ef7d7aab1654224784119.jpg

image.png.fe89615e69acf1d9dfb620bdb585d8d6.png

I tried to record earlier how long this pause lasts, though in this example it didn't take nearly as long.

Could this possibly be because this world is moved to Steam cloud?

Steps to Reproduce

1. Get to the next day.

2. Wait a really long time for the game to process it.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Could you please do this again, and upload the master_server_log.txt and caves_server_log.txt that are in the same place as the client_log.txt?

There will be a slight increase to saving time if the game is using Steam Cloud, but I would only expect a 1-2 seconds at the most of increased saving time (especially for a brand new world), if you know, I would be interested to know if you have a Hard Drive, A Sata SSD, or an NVME SSD, along with what CPU your computer has... I'll be looking into seeing if there are any optimizations I can do to reduce this saving time...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Big Ups 1

Share this comment

I believe I have significantly reduced the saving time when using cloud saves, but as I can't reproduce this on my hardware, I can't be certain...
I don't believe this will be in the hotfix coming out shortly, but if on the one after that if you could try it out and let me know if its any better, thanks.

Changed Status to Fixed

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment