Game Refusing to Progress Past Day 55

eclectillector
  • Pending

I've repeatedly stopped and started the game, but when I get to day 56 the game will show the saving animation and while environment animations still go (rain falling, fire burning, etc.) mobs and the player character will remain still. I cannot swap items in my inventory, use command console to reset, save, or adjust my health/sanity/hunger settings. If I press pause, the game refuses to pause, and when I disconnect I will be stuck on the loading screen (longest run stuck on the loading screen was six hours). If I force shut down the game it will restart on day 54 and the exact same problem will occur once I hit day 56.

I have tried:

• Shutting down and restarting computer, steam, and the game.
  • Uninstalling the game and reinstalling it.
  • Using the 32bit version of the game
  • Duplicating the world produces the same bug in the duplicated world.
  • Removing all mods from game, client and server mods both.
  • Killing the character in game prior to the day change, happened with command console and combat kill.
  • Swapping characters at the Moonrock Portal.
  • Saving the game during the 30 seconds before day 56 happens (will still return me to day 54 irregardless of when I last saved).

Steps to Reproduce

I do not know how to reproduce this bug as it just occurs while playing an otherwise perfectly normal game. I am also unable to attach the video recording I made of the bug on this thread.

User Feedback

Try verifying the intgrety of your game files via steam, as that's a step I see you haven't listed. 

Share this comment

Just ran that, everything came back validated, so I booted up the game and it still did the exact same thing. Set me back to day 54, then refused to go past the night phase of day 55.

Share this comment

1 hour ago, eclectillector said:

Just ran that, everything came back validated, so I booted up the game and it still did the exact same thing. Set me back to day 54, then refused to go past the night phase of day 55.

Hm, try uploading the server_log.txt. Maybe that will provide more clues.

Share this comment

7 hours ago, eclectillector said:

Here is the file.

Sorry, I didn't realize that the post didn't tell you how to get your server logs.

First, you reproduce the bug on how it's happening for you and then shutdown the server however you did it.

Then what you do is in the save slot where your world is, there will be a wrench icon. You click that and then select Open World Folder:

20220711091225_1.thumb.jpg.0450d88f628527049cf0e5ae4076753e.jpg

Then you go into the master folder and there you will see the server_log.txt.

Share this comment

Okay so the thing is that I cannot replicate the bug and then shut down the world without entirely shutting down the game. I can get you the logs from the screen shown there, but it is *always* before the point where the game freezes and I cannot save the game after the bug gets replicated. Attached is the file, but I'm not sure how much this will help.

server_log.txt

Share this comment