Game not working since update

Clausius
  • Closed

Since I got the Winter's Feast update my game doesn't work anymore. There are two problems:

• When I start up the game, all the audio doesn't work. There is no music playing, and there are no clicky sounds on the menus
  • When I try to enter a previous game (local host) it crashes on the loading screen. The screen freezes and I get "application not responding". I also wasn't able to host a new game (also crashes on loading screen).

Right before the update was downloaded I still managed to play, so the problems are probably because of the update. 

Please help, I really want to play!

Steps to Reproduce
Start game and try to log into a previous local game. I'm running it on a MacBook Pro (2011) OS 10.10.5.

User Feedback

Hi, Please disable any mods and then validate your game's cache via steam (instructions:  https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335) and then try again.

If the problem persists, then please attach your client_log.txt. If you are running with caves enabled, please also attach the server_log.txt file located in the /Cluster_#/Master directory, where # is the same number as the order of the save slots in the host world screen.

Share this comment

I don't know if this should be closed because I'm having the same issue on my PS4 there are no mods, we have restarted to game and fully restarted the PS4 with no results. We were playing without issues before the update but now in the rare case that the game does start it loses connection to the server after only a few minutes of play. There is no issue with our internet multiple devices are using the internet fine and maintaining connection to other servers. We have 150 mb down and the PS4 is hardwired to the internet. Please help. The game does start normally with just one player, but with split screen it just keeps saying connecting and never loads and again when and if it does load it just loses connection after a few min. 

Edited by TeaCupz

Share this comment