Game Crashing Logging In

Hunter_nenny
  • Pending

Hi, I've tried so many different things to get around this. So when I load up the game, it gets to the part where is says logging in, and freezes on the screen that I uploaded. Saying "Unable to write to config directory. Please make sure you have permissions for your Klei save folder." The second I click on the screen, it just closes. Any help would be great thank you. I have tried verifying the game files and, reinstalling the game too. image.thumb.png.7fb5c321e341164e1885168a46ea68db.png 

Steps to Reproduce

I don't know how you can recreate this, I deleted my game files from my Steam > SteamApps > Common folder, to clear some space for my PC, I have done this with most my other games and reinstalled them to play them when I wanted again. But this is the only game it did not work for. The game has only crashed since I did this. Thanks.

User Feedback

If you ever encounter the "Unable to write to config directory, this means that either your Windows User Account does not have proper, full administrative permissions/privilege to read/write to your hard drive, OR there is something like your anti-virus or security software blocking the game from being able to read/write to the hard drive.

Please make sure you have permissions for your Klei save folder" error message, please follow the troubleshooting steps in our guide provided here: https://support.klei.com/hc/en-us/articles/360029882171-Getting-a-Unable-to-write-to-config-directory-Error-Message

• Thanks 1

Share this comment