Game crashes upon creating/resuming a world on Linux

jp440
  • Fixed

Hi there

I am playing via Steam on Linux Ubuntu 20.04 on a decent-enough machine. My game keeps crashing in the Host Game menu upon clicking on Generate World or Resume World in about 9 out of 10 successive tries, rarely even in the main menu without any user input. Multiple restarts sometimes randomly fix this, mostly not though. When I managed to load a game sucessfully, I never experienced any crashes while playing. Joining other player's world via Browse Games seems to work fine too.

I couldn't find any obvious indications for why these crashes occur in the client logs (two log files attached, one from a crash, one from a successive host, with less than 5 minutes in between). However, my problem might be related to the bug issued in this post as this came up sometime last week, possibly around the time of update 455818 & 455744.

I suspected it might have to do with mods because I installed a handful right before the problem surfaced for the first time and because the game crashes as explained above when clicking on Clean All in the Mods menu. However, disabling all mods did not solve the problem, neither did removing the mods folder from my system, unsubscribing from all mods, verifying the integrity of my local game files, removing the .klei folder from my system, reinstalling the game or reinstalling Steam.

Any suggestions how to resolve this?

Steps to Reproduce
  • Main menu -> Host Game -> Generate World
  • Main menu -> Host Game -> Resume World
  • Main menu -> Mods -> Clean All

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Same for me on Ubuntu 18.04.
Game keeps crashing for about half year when connecting to local game or someone's game.
After QoL update it happens almost always.

Share this comment

18 hours ago, zarklord_klei said:

Changed Status to Fixed

Apparently, hotfix 457283 fixed this problem. Thanks, I appreciate it!

• Like 1

Share this comment