Game crashes on launch

phirephrey
  • Pending

Hello! Today I reinstalled the game to play with some friends and it's crashing on launch. The window will pop up for a moment and then close itself. I have tried verifying the game files, temporarily disabling any background antivirus, and updating all my drivers, but nothing has worked. 

Time of this report: 5/22/2020, 21:43:3
         Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 18362) (18362.19h1_release.190318-1202)
                 Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
      System Manufacturer: ASUS
             System Model: All Series
                     BIOS: 3101 (type: UEFI)
                Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz (12 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
                   Memory: 16384MB RAM
      Available OS Memory: 16296MB RAM
                Page File: 7158MB used, 11568MB available
              Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
          DirectX Version: DirectX 12
      DX Setup Parameters: Not found
         User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
       System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
          DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
                 Miracast: Available, with HDCP
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
 DirectX Database Version: Unknown
           DxDiag Version: 10.00.18362.0387 64bit Unicode

Steps to Reproduce

Launch game

User Feedback

On 5/25/2020 at 1:06 PM, JanH said:

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble with the game. If you have not done so yet, please visit our troubleshooting guide to find a resolution to just about every issue that won't allow you to play Don't Starve Together: https://support.klei.com/hc/en-us/articles/360029555352. Please let us know if the issue persists.

Hello! Thank you for the reply! The issue has persisted, I had followed all the troubleshooting options on your guide before I posted to the forum. Today I cleared my download cache on Steam and made sure that Windows Firewall was allowing DST through, (which it was). I also updated my graphics card driver today, and I only have one graphics card. The game still crashes on launch. 

Share this comment

I'm having the same issue as well! I have done everything suggested. Make sure everything is up to date-patches included-unsubscribed from all the mods, restarted countless times, turned off firewalls, ensured the connection was allowed, and still, no luck. I've even uninstalled and reinstalled 2 times. All my software is enough to run the game, everything is up to date.

Share this comment