Game crashes on launch

diane_chia
  • Pending

I was playing the game fine for 1 day up until the game crashed my computer midway through a fight. Now, it refuses to launch. At first I could launch the game, but it crashed as it was connecting to the server. Now, it just shows a black screen and does not launch.

I've gone through the guide, verified my game files, reinstalled the game multiple times, and also reinstalled DXSetup and VCRedist but they don't seem to help either. Could someone help?

Steps to Reproduce

I was playing the game fine for 1 day up until the game crashed my computer midway through a fight

User Feedback

I'm having the exact same issue right now. The game is running fine on my partner's laptop...

My log file is here.

client_log.txt

I've tried fresh installs, unsubbing from all mods, direct and driver updates and still nothing. 

Share this comment

I'm having the exact same issue right now. The game is running fine on my partner's laptop...

My log file is here.

client_log.txt

I've tried fresh installs, unsubbing from all mods, direct and driver updates and still nothing. 

I fixed my own issue, hopefully this helps. 

It looks like a problem with your PersistRootStorage. Something is corrupted there. Please:

1) Shutdown the game
2) Go to C:\Users\[YOUR_PROFILE]\Documents\Klei\
3) Rename your DoNotStarveTogether tp DoNotStarveTogetherBackup
4) Run the game again

This actions will remove all your generated worlds and game settings of course, but dont worry you have a backup.

Share this comment