Game crashes after joining a game / selecting character

Stephen171
  • Fixed

Last time this happens to me was in May, well, when the beta for this update came, i try playing it and crashes as well. The only thing that i can assume, it is something related to the bits, since i still using 32 bits, or maybe other thing. Well, even my RAM could be the problem.

Steps to Reproduce

Even with all mods disable it happens. Before i disable the mods i could select the character, after i disable i couldn't.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Looks like you have some corrupt or missing assets. You'll want to try verifying your game files.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

Done that and nothing changes, don't show any missing files, maybe something corrupt. I will try to reinstall the game to see if this persists.

Share this comment

2 hours ago, Mobius01 said:

I will try to reinstall the game to see if this persists.

Even after installing the game again, it still crashing. Takes a while, looks like it will work until frozes again and crash.

Share this comment

I too am having problems after the update. My shortcut on my desktop will not open the game. I can go into steam and open the game (can only run 32 bit as 64 bit does not work either way) but some world servers will not open at all. Mods do not seem to be the problem as one world with 13 mods does launch (usual mods my group uses).

I have verified the game files, uninstalled and reinstalled the game and restarted my computer.

Any help would be appreciated!

Share this comment

Doing some tests, i noticed that with some configs in the game the problem "changes". Leaving only the Threaded Render active, i get a problem with the C++ Library. With everything turned off, the game just close when i join a server, and when i left the Small Textures enable, i can join  a server and choose a character, after this the game crashes.

Screenshot_1.jpg

Share this comment