game crash

sentisss
  • Pending

I have a problem with dst, game turns in small window (black screen) after few seconds game window takes a white fog and turn off.
that was happends when i reinstall my windows (i have win7)

Steps to Reproduce
I trying evrything, reinstall, turn off antivirus, update drivers, blah blah blah...

User Feedback

Hello @sentisss, welcome to the forums. Could you attach the client_log.txt that generates after the crash happens? It can be found under Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether. Btw, here's a Klei Article that lists methods you can do when crash happens on start up.

What I'd like for you to try is specifically the following:

• Re-install DXSetup in folder: C:\Progarm FIles\Steam\steamapps\common\Don’t Starve Together\DXRedist\DXSETUP.exe
  • Re-install VCRedist in folder: C:\Program FIles\Steam\steamapps\common\Don’t Starve Together\VCRedist\

If that still doesn't work, don't forget to attach the client_log.txt cause that can shed some light on what's causing the crash.

Share this comment

@sentisss can you also attach a copy of your dxdiag.txt, since based on the client_log.txt your PC cannot render the game properly anymore (I could be entirely wrong though). Once the devs can see your dxdiag.txt, hopefully they can chime in and confirm whether or not it is in fact an issue due to your PC's specifications. 

Last few things you could probably try is to turn on notebook mode in the options and disable the other visuals i.e. bloom, distortion etc. 

Sadly, that's all the help I can give, sorry. Cheers.

Share this comment