Fps drops to around 1 after sailing

zduck
  • Closed

Was having 60~ fps before and during sailing, when jumped back to land fps started gradually decreasing to a point my character is walking without showing her feet moving. Memory leak perhaps? Had this issue both on Windows and Mac, the server was hosted on Windows.

Steps to Reproduce
Sail for some time into the ocean, come back to land and wait for some time.

User Feedback

Next time your framerate drops, could you please try the following. If you've never used the console, you can press ~ to open it. Could you please open the console and type in c_dumpentities() and hit enter. If you're connected to a server or running a caves world, could you also open the console, press CTRL and then type in c_dumpentities() and hit enter once again? You should see the word "local:" switch to "remote:" when pressing CTRL.

Once you've done this, could you please upload your client_log.txt and save/server game files?

Thank you!

local_dump_entities.png

remote_dump_entities.png

Share this comment

1 hour ago, Cheerio said:

Next time your framerate drops, could you please try the following. If you've never used the console, you can press ~ to open it. Could you please open the console and type in c_dumpentities() and hit enter. If you're connected to a server or running a caves world, could you also open the console, press CTRL and then type in c_dumpentities() and hit enter once again? You should see the word "local:" switch to "remote:" when pressing CTRL.

Once you've done this, could you please upload your client_log.txt and save/server game files?

Thank you!

local_dump_entities.png

remote_dump_entities.png

i have the same problem. after ~10 mins of gameplay my fps goes down within a minute from 60 to 4-7. i have to restart the server every 10mins. i did everything you said. here are my files

btw my fps drops when i zoom out map at any time. attached screenshot

tell me pls if i can fix it myself or do i need to wait for an update

client_log.txt

Klei.zip

Screenshot_1.png

Edited by C4RL

Share this comment

Thanks for sending this. Could I ask if you could do me a favor and do the same thing but instead of typing c_dumpentities(), could you please run the following command. You can do so by just copy pasting it into your console:

for k,v in pairs(Ents) do if v.widget then v.name = v.widget.name end end c_dumpentities()

Thanks!

Share this comment