FPS drops overtime with decent PC

PaoloneBologna
  • Pending

Hello,

I would like to point out that I did my research on this and I've already done the DST startup options on steam and set it to -threaded_render. It is also worth noting that I have over 30 mods installed and I also have the minimap HUD with me as well.

So, I'm hosting a server so my friends and I could enjoy a game of DST. I start out the game and everything is fine. Stable 60 FPS with little to no stutters. Then after a couple of hours, I notice that my FPS goes to like 55-60 which is still okay but it's still definitely noticeable. I go to the lunar biome to setup our saffron feather/krampus sack farm and every time my Wickerbottom reads a book it now drops to 48 then goes to 58 and 60 with noticeable stutters. I notice the FPS drops around 3 hours of playing which forces me to restart my client to get stable FPS again.

Here are my specs:

Processor: i7-4790 @3.60 ghz (8CPUs)

RAM: 16GB

Video card: GTX 1050 TI 4GB GDDR5

Memory interface (?Idk what this is?): 128-bit. Core clocks: 1455 MHz / 1341 MHz

Any help would be absolutely appreciated.

Best regards,

Steps to Reproduce
I was just playing the game. The game is stable within a few hours but loses FPS the longer I play I have over 30 mods installed, including minimap HUD

User Feedback

2 hours ago, Wanfanel said:

check dust in you CPU fans and radiators , temperatures, and processes

Hello,

Thank you for the reply. My PC is at around 40*celsius to 60* celsius and I just cleaned my fans on Monday as well because it started to make weird loud noises again. I always clean my PC almost every half year actually. Other recommendations would also help. 

Thank you so much.

Best,

Share this comment

@PaoloneBologna

Hello. Have you tried messing around with the NVIDIA Control Panel? Right click on your desktop and you should see an option that says NVIDIA Control Panel. 

From there, go to the button that says Manage 3D Settings, then choose program settings. You should see an option to customize the settings for DST & if you don't, you can hit the Add button to add DST. (If you don't see it, there is an browse option to find the executable file. The executable name is dontstarve_steam in the bin folder of where you installed DST, whose location may look like this: Steam\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together\bin).

From there, you choose the following settings:

Power Management Mode: Prefer Maximum Power

Threaded Optimization: ON

Triple Buffering: OFF

V-Sync: OFF

Hit apply and restart your PC. 

Hopefully that helps.

Edit: I also see that you said you have a lot of mods enabled. I would recommend turning them off, as they may be the cause of this issue. If you have a mod called Display Food Values or something like that, then I highly recommend you disable it. It has a bug where it will continously spawn food items in a world, causing issues.

Edited by lakhnish

Share this comment