Entity limit for pinecones?

shakespeare257
  • Pending

At least two times now, a huge amount of uncollected pinecones have disappeared on my 800 day server. As far as I know, the only rational explanation for this would be Moleworms "eating" them, which doesn't seem possible based on the wiki and other information I've been able to find.

Wildfires and other destructive causes are not a factor here, as *some* pinecones were left over, and seemingly none of the wood around the pinecones was destroyed.

Steps to Reproduce

Use Bearger to farm 400+ evergreens, leave the pinecones and wood uncollected to go fight the Celestial Champion for about 10 days, come back to substantially fewer than 400 pinecones (even though very few of the trees were stage 1 growth).

User Feedback

On 10/4/2021 at 5:11 PM, IceTime said:

The stump will disappear by itself and take away the surrounding wood and pinecones.

The decay timer is something like 25 days, right? The pinecones seemingly disappeared in about 10 days.

• Like 1

Share this comment

On 10/9/2021 at 10:08 PM, shakespeare257 said:

The decay timer is something like 25 days, right? The pinecones seemingly disappeared in about 10 days.

evergreen.lua:

inst.components.timer:StartTimer("decay", GetRandomWithVariance(GetBuild(inst).regrowth_tuning.DEAD_DECAY_TIME, GetBuild(inst).regrowth_tuning.DEAD_DECAY_TIME*0.5))

ie. the actual decay time may vary between 50% and 150% of the base decay time, which is 30 days according to tuning.lua. Ie. it could be 15 days, it could be 45 days. If you're farming a densely-packed forest, chances are very high that one of the stumps will be on the shorter end of that range. And it only takes a few to clear a large area, as there's no limit to how many pinecones, logs, etc. a stump removes when decaying - the game only checks that at least one of each is left, everything else in a 6-unit radius is removed.

Share this comment