Duplication on console edition *

Stockburger
  • Pending

Using the caves and rollback, it is possible to save a separate inventory in the caves than in the overworld.*I have not checked pc version.

Steps to Reproduce
1.Enter the caves with any inventory item, save via days passing or exiting to menu and loading back 2. Return to overworld and drop/store the items 3. Save game in any way 4. Upon death, rollback and after about 1-2 seconds enter the caves 5. Upon loading, one should be in caves with the items that were saved previously in the caves, exit to overworld and items from caves carry over.

User Feedback

My bad, did not see the individual sections for console, but this should still be replicable on pc anyway.

Share this comment

@Stockburger

Just tried it on PC. Both in Public Branch and Beta Branch. Duplication through roll backs doesn't seem to occur for me. The overworld also gets rolledback automatically when you rollback to the day when the game saved while you're in the caves. Seems entirely like a console issue since it probably operates a bit differently compared to PC when handling Overworld & Caves saves while only one is active at a time.

Hopefully I replicated it correctly:

• Bring items to caves
  • Let game save
  • Get out of cave
  • Drop items on overworld
  • Let game save again
  • Leave world
  • Rollback world to when you were still in caves
  • Enter world
  • Now in caves again.
  • Exit caves
  • Dropped item's SHOULD exist if the issue occurs in PC (but doesn't for me)

Did I do it right?

Edited by Zillvr

Share this comment

6 hours ago, Zillvr said:

@Stockburger

Just tried it on PC. Both in Public Branch and Beta Branch. Duplication through roll backs doesn't seem to occur for me. The overworld also gets rolledback automatically when you rollback to the day when the game saved while you're in the caves. Seems entirely like a console issue since it probably operates a bit differently compared to PC when handling Overworld & Caves saves while only one is active at a time.

Hopefully I replicated it correctly:

• Bring items to caves
  • Let game save
  • Get out of cave
  • Drop items on overworld
  • Let game save again
  • Leave world *forgot to die here, not leave the world.*
  • Rollback world to when you were still in caves* just rollback in-game, still takes you back regardless.*
  • Enter world
  • Now in caves again.
  • Exit caves
  • Dropped item's SHOULD exist if the issue occurs in PC (but doesn't for me)

Did I do it right?

I'll provide a video link here, 

hopefully it can still be done on pc. My own can't load quick enough into the caves. Hope it helps in any way.

Share this comment