Duplication of accounts, offline split screen

Roysten
  • Pending

I have been playing split screen on the Xbox One for about 2 months now give or take. My partner and I made it all the way up to day 182, and since she plays wendy, we were excited for the wendy character update released today 20/03/2020. The last time we played was 19/03/2020. The only thing to have changed between these two times is the update as far as we can tell.

We typically play in offline mode to offset some of the lag, and we play with two separate accounts and have had no issues before hand. We can played online and have, however not for sometime as we prefered just us two playing.

We really love this game and want to get back to playing it. We even accepted the fact maybe the world corrupted and were happy to start again, however as explained we were unable to do that. If any more things you would have me try let me know. I have also submitted a ticket using the xbox one bug reporter, however with a character limit of 127, It was very difficult to even state the error let alone say anything else.

Steps to Reproduce
On attempt to open our world we get the error "this server is not taking any more people at the moment. Please try again later" Followed by "duplicated accounts. This account is logged in somewhere else" I have attempted to do these things with little to no positive results Log in offline - Same error Log in online - Same error Roll back the days and login - Same error Tried to create a brand new world - same error Swapped players 1 and 2 profiles - Same Error with player 2's account Log in as 1 player in account 1 - success Log in as 1 player account 2 - success

User Feedback

I’m getting the exact same error.  My daughter and I play split screen offline (to avoid lag as well).  Luckily, we’re not many days in at all, but I would still love to play offline to avoid the lag.

Share this comment

We ran into this issue last night. Setup:

Player 1 has XBL, Player 2 has an xbox account but never signed up for Live. Whether waiting for player 1 to connect or "play offline", starting a server together would always result in this error.

If player 2 was not present, player 1 could start a server just fine (only tested local).

Adding player 2 back, can't start a server. This was reliable.

Thought it may have been xbox live, but that didn't make a difference. We waited for player 1 to connect, add player 2 and connect, then resume local server. Still didn't work.

We had the idea to have player 2 start the server instead, and this seemed to fix it. 

Share this comment