DST is displayed with major graphical errors when streamed to client devices using Steam Link/Remote Play

N7CommanderJohn
  • Pending

DST is displayed with major graphical errors when streamed to client devices using Steam Link/Remote Play, which leads it to being unplayable. This happens on Android, iOS and Windows. I've attached an example of what the graphical error looks like. I've also attached the host machine's hardware stats.

This is the only game I've experienced this happening when trying to stream the game through Steam Link/Remote Play. I'm not sure how to fix this, so I'm reporting it as a pretty serious bug.

2022-03-07 22_40_55-Window.png

2022-03-07 22_40_48-Window.png

Steps to Reproduce

Attempt to stream DST through Steam Link / Steam Remote Play. The graphical error should become immediately apparent.

2022-03-07 22_27_45-Don't Starve Together [Streaming].png

• Like 1

User Feedback

same for me i havent find the desigion even when changed the graphics . also on loading screen it was normal but when i connected to the server it went white again. steam link is working fine with other games and even with ds original but dst is doing this to my friends screen 

Share this comment

Hi, I am facing the exact same issue with the Nvidia shield and every other steam link device.

This is only happening with DST. Are there any updates as to why this has started happening? This was working fine the day before yesterday and on launching the game I am facing the exact same graphical errors.

Share this comment

I use iphone as client device, and having same trouble. I think there's nothing we can do to resolve this bug. Maybe We have no choice but to wait for hotfix...

Here you can find more information i found.

if you know more about this, please comment down.

Edited by iota

Share this comment

On 3/9/2022 at 1:13 AM, horeyup said:

same for me i havent find the desigion even when changed the graphics . also on loading screen it was normal but when i connected to the server it went white again. steam link is working fine with other games and even with ds original but dst is doing this to my friends screen 

This bug has been completely resolved since Steam Client Beta - March 11 Update.

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/SteamClientBeta/announcements

Share this comment

It still doesn't display games properly for Steam Link though, which matters for streaming to mobile devices. So no, it's not completely resolved.

Edited by N7CommanderJohn

Share this comment