DST do not starts

KnokBack
  • Closed

Hi, recently i came back to play DST, but it does not starts anymore, i tried a few suggestions I've seen in other posts here in the forum, but the error continues. I downloaded the game, but I can not start any time until the main tittle, it crashes, in the error box says : dontstarve_steam stopped working. I can play normaly the main game for hours and do not crashes.

Don't have any Log Files because the game do not start to generate the file. Sorry for the awful english, i'm brazilian.

The error box is in portuguese and says : dontstarve_steam.exe stopped workingasdasd.png

Steps to Reproduce
I click in play and the game iniciate, freeze and appears a message box saying : dontstarve_steam.exe stopped working

User Feedback

Hello @KnokBack, welcome to the forums. This the methods mentioned in this Klei Article first. If a method in there works, come back and reply back which one, so whoever experiences the same thing can just directly attempt the method that fixed it for you.

I hope that helps. Good luck, cheers.

Share this comment

As it says there in the Klei Article, i tried to re-run the installers DXSetup and VCRedist if the .exe program crashes, but the error still appears, at the end of the page it says if i still unnable to play the game, it is to report here with the DxDialg.txt and client_log.txt, but I could only find client_log.txt, the file is in this comment, i hope with this file you are able to find the error that that is causing it.

client_log.txt

Share this comment

@KnokBack you generate the DxDiag.txt with the DxDiag Tool. Here's the method:

DXDiag

• In order to get a DXDiag on WindowsXP or more recent operating systems:
  • Click on your Start button
  • Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard to access the "Run" window
  • On the new window, type in dxdiag.exe and press enter; this will open up the DirectX diagnostic tool
  • Click on the "Save All Information" tab on the diagnostic tool
  • A "Save As..." window will pop up where you can click on save. It will save your hardware information as a document to your desktop (default).
  • Close the diagnostic tool and attach the new document to your forum post or support ticket.

Based on the client_log.txt, it seems your PC is running the game on Integrated Graphics, listed as follows in your client_log.txt:

[00:00:01]: GL_RENDERER: ANGLE (Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family)

Which DST does not support as specified in this Klei Article: DST Requirement. If however you do have dedicated GPU (graphics card), then you just have to specify for your PC to run the game with your GPU and not with Integrated Graphics which was discussed in the first Klei Article I mentioned. 

Other than that, I have no other ideas on how to help you. Sorry. Cheers.

Share this comment