DST Crashes upon launch or upon trying to begin a game

bpoleary
  • Pending

Hi there.  I just bought the mega pack on Steam and installed it.  My computer usually crashes immediately upon launching DST, but one time I managed to get to the screen where I could look for games to join.  That time, it crashed as soon as I selected one.

My friend who is sitting next to me downloaded it at the same time and launched no problem.  He has the DS and DST bundle rather than the mega bundle - not sure if there is any unintended difference in the software.  

Steps I've taken:

• verified files (multiple times - the first time 4 files were missing, verified good after that)
  • ran dxsetup
  • ran vcredist
  • disabled firewall and antivirus
  • did lots of rebooting between the above steps

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Steps to Reproduce
crash happens as early as when I click "play" in steam and as late as when I choose a game from the list of ongoing games (only made it that far once)

User Feedback

The log file is saying: Could not find an asset matching images/inventoryimages.xml

You can verify if this file exists or not by right clicking DST in steam, select Properties, go to the Local Files tab and press "Browse Local Files"
now go into the "\data\images" directory and see if inventoryimages,xml is there or not.

I'd suggest rebooting your computer and then verify the files again. If that doesn't work then uninstall and reinstall DST via steam.

Share this comment