Drastic FPS drops

Pace77
  • Pending

I've played a fair amount a DST with and without mods and never lagged at all the entire time.  I've only ever gotten to summer, but still no lag.  Recently however, the game has been lagging like mad, even on the main menu.  I tried uninstall all mods, the game, and tried messing with the settings.  Nothing seems to change the FPS drop.  Now, every time I play (regardless of if i just reinstalled the game), the fps is just painful.  

Please note that no other games are experiencing these drops, so the issue isn't with background apps or something similar.

profile.json

Steps to Reproduce
Every time I play. No cause that I can find.

User Feedback

Could you please run a profile capture to help me determine where the issue is coming from?

While you are lagging (low fps) in the main menu, could you run this command in the debug console: TheSim:Profile(1)
Then go into \Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\ and find profile.json, and then upload that file to this bug report.

Thanks

Share this comment

Thanks for the profile capture. Based one what it is showing me, I'm going to guess that the issue has magically resolved itself by now. If not then restart your computer and it should go away by tomorrow. We have a know issue that we've never reproduced in the office where a one of our third party libraries' "is online" checks takes an extremely long time. Some people report that it last for a few hours and others a day or two. 

Next week I'll have some time to dedicate to tracking it down. In the meantime, please keep me updated if the problem remains or has resolved itself.

Actually, if you are still having the issue then could you please switch over to the A New Reign beta branch and run another profile? That branch has more detailed info and can really prove its the library. Instructions can be found here: 

Share this comment