Dedicated server is not working, but it´s just a normal one

Mintyh
  • Pending

Hi, I have this problem for like, months, and I just can´t solve it, whenever I try to play in a new server this shows up, and it´s not even a dedicated server, it´s just a normal one with no mods, how can I solve it? I tried looking up on my files and it said I need to create a token for a new dedicated server in the Klei website, but I don´t know how, I need help.

on my documents it shows "Account Failed (6): "E_INVALID_TOKEN"" and that my server won´t start.

image.png.d3dde469a5dfb8d6e87c39857fb40383.png

Steps to Reproduce

I just tried to play in a normal server with no mods and instantly this shows up.

• Like 1

User Feedback

Hi,

Could you try to create a new world (with caves enabled) and without any server or client mods enabled, and name it something unique. Then when it fails, go back to the world selection screen and click on the folder icon for this world. In the Master and Caves folders, there will be a server_log.txt, can you please post those here?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

Right now I'm feeling about 95% sure this is a file permission issue. Please make sure you have read and write permissions to all the files and folders within \Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

The latest hotfix (467172) has some more logging information in it that will help determine the cause. Could you (and @hops if you will) please try to create a new world, without any mods enabled and post the logs. I will also need this log file too: \Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\client_log.txt

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment