Dedicated Server failed to start - With caves - Linux

codayblue
  • Pending

Hello everyone, 

So I am running into a issue when starting a server from the host game screen. If I don't have caves added to a server everything runs fine. If I add caves I get a pop up saying starting the server, generating the world, than I get a screen that tells me dedicated server failed to start. I went digging through the net but have not found any answer to my problem. I also have the server log files attached below. I tried reading through them but everything looked to be running right to me except for a UNKNOWN RESOURCE line. One last thing I have never added a mod, there are no mods on this server or client. 

If you have any questions please feel free to leave a post and I will answer as soon as I can. 

Steps to Reproduce
1. start game 2. host game 3. add caves to a new server 4. start the new server

User Feedback

I solved this by going to windows. I still have it installed on my Arch partition. so if you want me to try and debug or something just post here.

Share this comment

just for statistics: i successfully hosted server with caves from game menu on arch

can't get there again though, remade systems

and for simplicity of making dedi server (via steamcmd, not game itself) i just use ubuntu server like a peasant

Edited by brbrmensch

Share this comment

I'm on Manjaro(Arch) x64 and got exactly the same problem. This problem starts after steam update http://store.steampowered.com/news/26953/

Linux

• Improved interactions between the Steam runtime and host distribution libraries, which should let Steam work out of the box with open-source graphics drivers on modern distributions. If using an older distribution or running into problems, use STEAM_RUNTIME_PREFER_HOST_LIBRARIES=0 to revert to previous behavior.

So

STEAM_RUNTIME_PREFER_HOST_LIBRARIES=0 steam

work for me as temporary fix. But still waiting for native fix

P.S. other games work just fine with both options

Edited by BLaD

Share this comment