Dedicated Server Failed to Start

geraldten9
  • Pending

I need help with this once again its not my antivirus ps!!!

Screenshot (1391).png

Steps to Reproduce

I tried to load in this world which i havent played in a while and this usually alwasy happens after a new update I dont think is my mods fault as well 

User Feedback

Same issue. ALL my servers are getting this, including the one I was playing last night, which I created because all my other servers weren't working. 

This is a new issue, as I could access all my servers ("saved games") maybe two weeks ago. Nothing in my antivirus, or permissions have changed, only the update.  

I have cleared all mods, though I was only using two server mods ("Epic Health bars", and "Wormhole colors"). On client side I've been using Craftpot, Combined Status, and Geometric Placement. Again I have disabled all of them. Some servers are using Wigfrid, some Wilson. I know the update was on Wigfrid, but same thing is happening to Wilson servers as main as well. 

Share this comment

Let me come back around here with some additional information: 

I have tried this on modded servers and unmodded servers. I have disabled and removed every mod. I have gone through every troubleshooting step from the links: 

https://support.klei.com/hc/en-us/articles/4407489414548-Getting-a-Dedicated-Server-Failed-To-Start-Error-Message#:~:text=If you are encountering this,Together\bin64\dontstarve_steam_x64.exe

and then

https://support.klei.com/hc/en-us/articles/360029882171-Getting-a-Unable-to-write-to-files-in-the-config-directory-Error-Message

I can create a new server, and load that server. However, I did the same thing yesterday, and now can't access those. The level of frustration is quite high. 

client_log.txt

Share this comment

Actually... I'm not sure I have the same issue as Gerald here, as his issue seems to occur every year, and I've gone through all the steps to resolve. I will make a new bug, and update information. 

Share this comment