Dedicated server failed to start

harrychan01
  • Pending

I cannot launch existing worlds, created by me. It is launching for long period of time and then write: Dedicated server failed to start. This server is with caves and mods.

I had tried disable mods and it did not help.

I have another 3 existing world, 1 is created before that crashed world and 2 is created after it. These 3 world are all with the same mods and caves but they can be started normally. So I excluded the possible of mods problem and firewall or antivirus problem since other world can function normally. I can join others people world as well. The problem is just I cannot start THIS world. I also tried restart PC and also verify integrity through Steam. Nothing help. 

The attached file is one the master server log and another one is caves server log. 

Steps to Reproduce

Other worlds with same mods and caves can start normal. This problem happen just when I wanted to start this world.

User Feedback

@harrychan01 I was able to partially recover the save. I fixed the crash, but I had to regenerate the Caves. If you wish to keep the old caves, I can try again later.

Here's the new save: Cluster_42.zip 

Unzip it in the same place as the original Cluster_2, it shouldn't override the old save. Don't forget to re-enable server mods, except for Food Values - Item Tooltips (Server and Client). I suspect it's the cause of the issue.

Share this comment

@harrychan01 You're welcome! Sadly that mod has an oversight that tanks your performance and ultimately leads to save file corruptions.

I tried again to launch the world with the old caves, but to no avail. If you want to give it a try yourself, here's the save: Cluster_100.zip

Share this comment

@Tykvesh Okay, all I need to do now is just unzip Cluster_42 file in the same place as the original Cluster_2, then start the world without the mod right? The world is already running with a new caves right? 

Share this comment