Dedicated Server Failed To Start

tupaz69
  • Pending

"Dedicated Server Failed To Start: There was some kind of trouble starting up the server. How odd."

I keep getting this error whenever I try to launch the server I'm hosting. Some things that may be of note:

1. This server is not, to my knowledge, a dedicated server. I created it a couple of days ago (about 2-4 days ago) so I can be the temporary host while our designated host was away.
  2. I was just playing on it last night with a friend and there were no issues. Not even with mods installed.

I've already tried:

• Restarting the computer and router.
  • Verified the integrity of the game cache
  • Reinstalled DST

Screenshot of the error:

Spoiler

uirEUOU.png

I really don't want to start all over again and lose all my progress.

Also, I included the client_log.txt just in case.

client_log.txt

DxDiag.txt

log.txt

Steps to Reproduce
I'm unsure. I only got this error today. Yesterday and a few days ago everything was working fine.

User Feedback

The recent updates allow hosting games with caves as well. To facilitate this, the client starts dedicated server(s) in the background. It seems that this background server failed to start.

Could you please attach your server_log.txt as well (should be under Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\Cluster_1\Master\server_log.txt).

Share this comment

My friend and I had this same problem. We figured it had something to do with our mods that we were subscribed to since caves were disabled on our world. We unsubscribed to all of our 'server' mods, and kept our client mods. Not sure why this would interfere with the server being able to launch, but it seemed to fix the problem and no longer had the error. :)

Share this comment

On 17/02/2016 at 6:14 PM, WilsonH said:

O meu amigo e eu tinha esse mesmo problema. Nós achamos que tinha algo a ver com os nossos mods que foram subscritos desde cavernas foram desativados em nosso mundo. Nós retirado para todos os nossos mods 'servidor', e manteve os nossos mods cliente. Não sei por que isso iria interferir com o servidor ser capaz de lançar, mas parecia para corrigir o problema e já não tinha o erro. :)

Funciona realmente... Só temos que descobrir qual o mod q causa isso, o meu tinha o Health info, Global positions, e Food values

Share this comment