Crashing every time I try to play - not sure how to diagnose

Schmutzfanger
  • Pending

Was playing with a buddy recently after the April 8th update and we started a new world and all was going well until we reached day 7 ish and the game (his server) crashed. He tried to start it up again and it crashed again. I decided to try a server on my end, made it a few days in again and crashed again. I have one save file that I crash within 5 seconds of entering the game. Really love the game and just want to be able to play again with my friend.

First time posting here so not exactly sure of what information is required to help here.

DxDiag.txt master_server_log.txt client_log.txt

Steps to Reproduce

play the game = crash for me

User Feedback

I have a similar problem, I got this game for the switch and everything was fine for a few minutes. But now I can't even make a new world, it just kicks me from the game. I can use the shop, but not the game. I redownload the game, restarted and powered off my switch, check my WiFi, and made sure I logged in my switch account on steam. Nothing happened, just keeps kicking me when I try to make a world. Even if I try to play offline.

Share this comment

could you try disabling all your mods (client and server) and then verifying the game files via steam, then see if it still crashes or not.

As of hotfix 503023, there will now be a donotstarvetogether_X.dmp file located in \Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\ when the game crashes to desktop. If it is not a mod issue, then next time it crashes, could you please attach the *dmp files to this bug report?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

6 hours ago, ScottHansen said:

could you try disabling all your mods (client and server) and then verifying the game files via steam, then see if it still crashes or not.

I don't use mods because I am playing on the switch and am still having problems, I called Nintendo and they said the problem was probably with Klei's servers. But I couldn't find the number to call them, so I'm hoping they do look into this.

Edited by Hormiga89

Share this comment

On 4/13/2022 at 2:28 PM, ScottHansen said:

As of hotfix 503023, there will now be a donotstarvetogether_X.dmp file located in \Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\ when the game crashes to desktop. If it is not a mod issue, then next time it crashes, could you please attach the *dmp files to this bug report?

I think this fixed it! No crashes so far!

Share this comment