could not open gifts

Zorenai
  • Can't Reproduce

Hello,

I recieved two gifts while playing DST and I could not open them. Like usual, I went to my Science Machine, the icon to open it lit up, I clicked it and nothing happened. I tried a few times, also tried with the Alchemy Engine because who knows? Did not work either. So I left the game, but when I came back, the gift was gone and I had no new items in my collection either. I was kinda sad but continued playing on another world. I recieved another gift and there as the same issue. I clicked multiple time and the animation for openin the gift seemed to start and get sort of stuck and the window that normally pops up on your screen when you open gifts did not show at all. before those two bugged ones I got 1 normal gift which worked just fine. This has never happened to me before.

Thank you for your effort

Steps to Reproduce
recieve a gift and try to open it
  • Like 1

User Feedback

Same here, I opened 3 gifts in various circumstances today and all of them had same issue. Click on gift, nothing happens. The science machine makes the normal popping sound, but no character animation, and no display of gift.

Share this comment

The two new items that you received are, Classic Curios Chests and can be access from the Treasury in your item collection. As to why the gift didn't open for you in-game? What did you see? Did the gift box not open into a Classic Curios Chest?

Share this comment

Hi Peter,

oh wow yeah I see the chest, I am very sorry if I did not notice that, my bad :(

So I clicked the present icon top left. the animation for opening the gift started, a black frame happened, the gift icon was still visible on the top left. So me being me I clicked again, same issue. If you clicked multiple times, you could sort of force a few more frames of the character's animation, but nothingĀ  else.

Thank you for helping me :)

• Like 1

Share this comment