Could not load gameoverlayrenderer32.dylib because no suitable image found

Huncho
  • Closed

This error occurs during launch of the game. it automatically pops up an error window and when closed, the game is still considered running and won't stop no matter how long i wait, i have to quit steam for it to stop working. this error only occurred after the june 8, 2021 steam update. i've uninstalled the game, reinstalled it, verified the files and everything was verified, still the same error message. Uninstalled all the mods i was using, uninstalled the game again, installed again, verified again, nothing. i've locate the gameoverlayrenderer32.dylib and i dont know what to do.

I am running on a MacbookAir MacOS Sierra 10.12.6

gameoverlayrenderer32_1.jpeg

gameoverlayrenderer32_2.jpeg

Steps to Reproduce

Running on MacOS Sierra 10.12.6, since the June 8, 2021 update on steam this problem has occurred.

User Feedback

Hi,

Unfortunately this appears to be a steam issue.
From the Steam patch notes:

macOS
- Fixed background flickering in some games when Steam Overlay is visible

It does seam like the library you are crashing in was changed in the update. Someone today posted on the steam bug forums with a similar issue to yours, but when launching Rimworld. 
You could try disabling steams in-game overlay and see if that helps. Switching to Steam's beta branch may work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sanity 1

Share this comment

4 hours ago, ScottHansen said:

You could try disabling steams in-game overlay and see if that helps. Switching to Steam's beta branch may work.

I tried disabling the in-game overlay first and the problem still persisted. I tried switching to Steam Client Beta along with turning off the in-game overlay and it finally works. Thank you!

Share this comment