Controller Detected...

kgeisler87
  • Pending

I like to play Don't Starve with an XBOX controller. I've never had a problem in the past. It's been a while since I played and decided to jump on but when I log into the game there is a screen that says "Controller Detected" and wants me to either "Enable Controller" or "Disable Controller." I know the controller is working and I can move my character and access the menu with the remote, but that stupid screen won't go away and I can't press either of the buttons. I don't have this problem on any other game so this is definitely a Don't Starve problem.

Steps to Reproduce

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the remote, the game, steam, nothing helps. I've tried looking for answers online but I guess I'm the only one having this problem?! It's so weird... but my remote works fine with other steam games.

User Feedback

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with controls. Could you confirm for us if this is happening to Don't Starve, or to Don't Starve Together? (Or is it happening to both?)

Could you post a screenshot of the screen where you are getting stuck? Are you not able to use the cursor to navigate the screen? And are you not able to press any buttons to exit that screen? 

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

Hey I also experiencing the same issue, once I entered the world I can move/issue any action as per buttons configurations on Controls (Options). However, I cannot play with this stupid screen to ask me to Enable Controller / Disable Controller won't go away. 

Share this comment

I think I accidentally found the fix for this.
You need to plug the controller anytime before you launch the game (not after the game/application already running).

So the game will detect your controller when the game launch and it shows the pop-up to Enable / Disable the controller, and you can just click/select "Enable Controller".

You can then use the controller as intended.

Share this comment