client.ini doesnt always change to "fullscreen = false"

ArubaroBeefalo
  • Pending

Whenever i open DST in both 32 and 64 bits the game opens in windowed screen. Changing via settings doesnt change anything

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.602471fa4eab7a1cd17d5e647fae0395.png

I tried going to settings.ini and changing "fullscreen" from "false" to "true" but when i open the game it changes to "false" again. I also tried changing the atributes of the file to "only read" but doesnt make any difference

i already have reinstalled the game many times and verified the local files via steam. Also tried to delete the setting.ini file and changing the copatibility to windows 7 for the .exe in both versions but didnt work neither

the client mods i use are these but nothing changed when i diseable them didnt change anything

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.cea42034d707a2eb61637e4fc342b562.png

this has been happening since the waterlogged beta but before was only happening in the 64bit version and now it also happens in the 32bit version

DxDiag.txt

Steps to Reproduce

open the game and notice it isnt in fullscreen, try changing the settings and notice it does nothing

User Feedback

I'm not quite sure what is wrong, my guess would be your graphics drivers. but I see this printed in your client log:

[00:00:25]: fullscreen==true
[00:00:25]: WindowManager::SetFullscreen(0, 1920, 1080, 60)
[00:00:25]: Failed to set 1920x1080@60Hz fullscreen on display 0

When I change it to fullscreen, it works, and this type of issue would generally be caused by a graphics driver issue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this comment

40 minutes ago, zarklord_klei said:

I'm not quite sure what is wrong, my guess would be your graphics drivers. but I see this printed in your client log:

[00:00:25]: fullscreen==true
[00:00:25]: WindowManager::SetFullscreen(0, 1920, 1080, 60)
[00:00:25]: Failed to set 1920x1080@60Hz fullscreen on display 0

When I change it to fullscreen, it works, and this type of issue would generally be caused by a graphics driver issue.

i have a radeon rx 560 series up to date (i have reinstalled the drivers many times) so i dont know if is some problem that amd needs to fix or what

thanks for your time

Share this comment

21 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

i have a radeon rx 560 series up to date (i have reinstalled the drivers many times) so i dont know if is some problem that amd needs to fix or what

thanks for your time

Do you have a different monitor you can try? it might be this monitor(or maybe the framerate/resolution of the current one)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

1 minute ago, zarklord_klei said:

Do you have a different monitor you can try? it might be this monitor(or maybe the framerate/resolution of the current one)

i will try to get one, thanks!

Share this comment