chester key bug

Glowupball
  • Closed

Ive found chester in my world and have found that whenever I log out and come back in the server, the chester key is not in my inventory but rather is on the ground. It gets very annoying as i tend to lose him wherever he is. the key is on the floor when i log back on

Steps to Reproduce
when logging back on, the chester key is on the ground and not in my inventory. Can you please make it so that like in regular don't starve, the key stays put

User Feedback

Hello @Glowupball, welcome to the forums. I believe this is intentional behavior and not a bug. This was introduced during the closed beta (AFAIK) since there were players who took Chester's Eyebone and left the server while the Eyebone was still in their inventory, thus leaving Chester on the server who has no eyebone to follow for other online active players to pick up. Which is why now, when players with the Eyebone leaves the server the Eyebone gets dropped.

I hope that makes sense, you'll just have to be more aware of this happening in future game sessions. Cheers.

Share this comment