Character running in place/Camera issue

DoMaya
  • Pending

I'm having an issue with a server I'm hosting remotely, while lag prediction is on, the mobs and other players will run in place, I can't hit anything despite doing the attack animation. I can gather items and chop/mine just fine.

Turning off lag prediction makes it so my character moves in place and the camera stays on them, but to everyone else I am still moving, even the map shows where I ACTUALLY am.

I've done ping tests and route tests to the server and the ping was 40 and the route was fairly OK.

I've re-installed the game twice, verified the files, tried running it in 32 bit, turned all mods off, and nothing has fixed it.

I tried to play it on my laptop and it runs perfectly fine, and I was just going to chalk it up to something being borked with my computer until another player started to complain about the EXACT same problem.
"lol just use a different computer bro" isn't a feasible solution for them, and I'm at my wit's end trying to fix it. Despite everything I've searched I haven't found this anywhere else online. I even tried moving the HOST for the server to a completely different state and it didn't fix it.

Please, any suggestions at all would help.  Thank you.

Steps to Reproduce

1. Host a vanilla server with Nodecraft.

2. Join

3.Toggle Lag prediction

4. Attempt to attack a mob (spider/butterfly)

5. Screech as you flail at an afterimage of something you can never kill.

User Feedback

After changing literally every option, I found the solution. It was netbook mode.
For whatever reason, netbook mode made it so I couldn't play.

Share this comment