Celestial portal causes item loss

DruidDobby
  • Pending

Hello people of the Klei team and forums,

This is a bug that I believe has been around for at least a month or two. A guy who's Twitch channel I moderate for has experienced this bug on multiple occassions. Upon entering a celestial portal, everything works as per usual (being able to change and customise characters) but after leaving the portal, instead of the player's items being on the ground as they should be, they are just gone. Out of existence. Never to be seen again. This ends up being a major pain for everybody since a lot of progress is lost from rolling back to try and get items back.

*Note: This doesn't seem to happen all the time, but the majority of the time it does.

The link provided is a Twitch clip link that I captured of the event occurring on stream:

https://clips.twitch.tv/OnerousAcceptableTomatoOptimizePrime

If you need to contact me, i'm available through the forums, on discord (DruidDobby#3756), or on Steam: DruidDobby, Steam friend code: 284926070

Steps to Reproduce
1. Upgrade the florid postern/standard portal to celestial portal 2. Enter the celestial portal with items in inventory 3. Change character, customisation etc and leave portal 4. Check if items are on ground as they are supposed to be. If they're there then the bug doesn't happen all the time, but if they aren't then the bug occurred.

User Feedback

I find it odd that you mention this issue happens the majority of the time, as I use the celestial portal multiple times per week and have never encountered this.

That may suggest the issue is either tied to your world or is caused by some mod.

Share this comment

On 11/6/2019 at 4:21 AM, L. Ringmaster said:

I find it odd that you mention this issue happens the majority of the time, as I use the celestial portal multiple times per week and have never encountered this.

That may suggest the issue is either tied to your world or is caused by some mod.

Yeah it's understandable to think. As I mentioned though it's not my world but a friend's. From what I've seen, the majority of the time it happens to him. I was also thinking that it might be the world but it happens on different worlds so I would say that a mod is the most likely suspect.

Share this comment