Can't Stop Game. Can't Stop it Either.

Easterslice
  • Closed

Hi.  This past Monday (6/7/21),  I played Don't Starve Together in the morning.  Then, in the evening, I tried to start the game (through Steam) and the game wouldn't start (i,e, no window came up).  But, according to the messaging, it was running.  I followed the instructions for such a situation, restarted my computer and verified the game files.  A couple times.  I uninstalled and re-installed the game, and tried again.  The result was the same.  I'm attaching the logs for what appears to be the last successful start up and one of the subsequent unsuccessful starts.  

client_log_2021-06-07-17-30-52.txt client_log_2021-06-07-17-33-53.txt

Steps to Reproduce

As I said above, this happened when I tried to start the game.   I'm on a Mac OS 10.12.6 system.  I double-clicked on the Don't Starve Together banner.  The game is listed on the Steam page as (running), but the window for the game doesn't appear.   When I click on the "STOP" button, nothing happens (although, I only wait a few minutes afterwards, so if it's taking longer than that to close, I might be missing something.).  Then I try to quit Steam, but it won't because the game is supposedly running.  So, I force-quit Steam (Force-quit doesn't show DST), and try again. 

I've tried this sequence several times, and the results are always the same.  

User Feedback

Try to turn off steam completely. I don't know how you do it on Mac, but if you force Steam to close (not just hide and run in background) it will force the game shut as well and it should work fine again.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment