Can't select "LAN" when hosting.

calculuschild
  • Closed

When I attempt to host a LAN server on Don't Starve Together, I click "Online," by "Server Mode" but nothing happens. The button flashes, showing it's accepting my input, but I can't select LAN mode.  There is no arrow like there used to be either.

LAN.png

Steps to Reproduce
1. Host a DST server 2. Click "Online" under "Server Mode."  3. Nothing changes. 

User Feedback

To create a LAN server, select the "Local Only" option where you currently have "Public" selected in the image above.

Share this comment

Clicking "Local Only" did not make any difference.  It still shows as "online" and trying to start the server with "Local Only" checked would still give the error that I can't create an online game when I am offline.

But I fiddled around and maybe figured out a pattern. So it looks like there's a bug here:

• If I have an internet connection but choose to play offline anyway without signing in, hosting a game will automatically select "Local" and the other options are grayed out.  This correctly puts the Server Mode into "Offline" for LAN play.
  • If I don't have an internet connection, and it puts me in offline mode automatically because it can't connect to Klei servers, hosting a game will leave Public, Friends Only, Local, and Steam Group options all available (see my picture in the first post), but clicking "Local" does not change Server Mode to "Offline".

So at least for me it looks like I have to still have an internet connection to play LAN and just intentionally choose not to sign in.

Edited by calculuschild

Share this comment

Whether a server is Online or Offline is determined when you first create it.  It will only be Offline if you had no internet connection, or you clicked Play Offline, and you will see the red "Offline" indicator at the top-right of the screen.

When resuming an existing server save slot, you cannot change whether they are Online or Offline servers.

Share this comment

On 6/11/2016 at 11:41 AM, V2C said:

Whether a server is Online or Offline is determined when you first create it.  It will only be Offline if you had no internet connection, or you clicked Play Offline, and you will see the red "Offline" indicator at the top-right of the screen.

When resuming an existing server save slot, you cannot change whether they are Online or Offline servers.

Is it possible to switch this mode after creation, by toying with config files?

Share this comment