Can't mount Beefalo at all anymore

PatchworkIdeas
  • Pending

I'm playing with Walter and was in the process of domesticating a Beefalo. Last I played (6.4.22, so before the hotfix) I could ride it as normal - not long as it's still mid domestication but I fed it a bit each time before and could ride. 

Now with the new update it doesn't matter how many twigs I feed it, it won't let me mount. Still carries the saddle though. I even fed it until it stopped begging for food (32 twigs) - and it won't let me mount. Just rears up every time. Obviously I can't really use the Beefalo if I can't ride it.

Quitting and restarting the server again did not fix the issue. Though the beefalo suddenly had a Carat (I have all year events on) that it definitely didn't have before. But even when it jumped off come dusk - no Beefalo riding possible, even after feeding it 5 more twigs, so 37 in about 2 segments.

In case it's important: Day 14, domesticating for about 6-7 Days, Beefalo is leaning towards an ornery tendency according to it's looks. It's bound to a Beefalo Bell as well.

I don't know if this would also happen to fully domesticated Beefalo's, as I don't currently have a save with a domesticated one to check.

(playing on Linux via Steam, can't provide the logs because I can't find them - folder structure is different and I searched the whole PC and nothing with those names shows up.)

Steps to Reproduce

Play as Walter (don't know if it happens with other characters too)

Start domestication of a Beefalo by feeding and saddling it.

No matter how much it is fed, it won't let Walter ride, just rears up instead.

User Feedback

(playing on Linux via Steam, can't provide the logs because I can't find them - folder structure is different and I searched the whole PC and nothing with those names shows up.)

The server logs would be available in ~/.klei/DoNotStarveTogether/##########/Cluster_#/Master/server_log.txt
Client logs would be in ~/.klei/DoNotStarveTogether/client_log.txt

Have you tried breaking the bond then bonding it again? Or turning off the lunar new year events?

• Like 1

Share this comment