Cant launch old saves/generate new world with caves

horrible90
  • Closed

Shows "Dedicated server failed to start"

client_log.txt

Steps to Reproduce

Cant launch old saves/generate new world with caves

User Feedback

I'm experiencing the same thing, same error message too. I've tried generating one world with caves, another without, both with all my mods active. The one without caves generated fine. The one with  caves failed to start. I've also tried generating a world with caves but no mods, and that one failed to start up too.

Share this comment

got this one a Copple of days ago, turned out AVG Antivirus had gotten an update that block world generation, so be sure to add an Exception fore "Don't Starve Together" in your Antivirus program.

hope this is of any help.

Share this comment

I have Avast, and DST is added to its exception list. Unfortunately, the problem persists.

I would create my own bug report, but I'm still trying to figure out how to get the crash reports and all that.

Edited by SamTheWarHammer

Share this comment

I set up my avast in the following way. The exceptions didnt work. But interestingly enough after I turned off ransomware shield entirely, it worked. I have to manually toggle avast to play everytime I play. I can start dedicated servers just fine tho.Untitled6.thumb.png.146ba4a10449174a4ad7c30a287a822d.pngUntitled5.thumb.png.0318457c0669c3ba57f41bb371540fe9.png

(EDIT)

I think I found the solution: I removed "C:\user\MyDocument" from "Protected Folders" and it workedUntitled7.thumb.png.090efbdfbfc631908acf3e0c661491b1.png

Edited by horrible90

Share this comment