Cant launch DST, black screen, app not responding then crashes

violet..
  • Pending

cant launch DST on steam and im alclient_log.txtdonotstarvetogether_client.dmpso AMD btw. I got a client_log and dump file here. please help me i really wanna play the game

Steps to Reproduce

Open Steam press play on DST. just crashes

User Feedback

Based on the logs you had provided us, It looks like you are currently trying to run the game with an AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT GPU. From what you have described, there is seemingly something happening on the GPU level, possibly either in the AMD Adrenalin options, that is causing a conflict.

Please try the troubleshooting steps in the link provided below; these should help resolve your game startup issue:
https://support.klei.com/hc/en-us/articles/4411901338004

• Like 1

Share this comment

1 hour ago, JanH said:

Based on the logs you had provided us, It looks like you are currently trying to run the game with an AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT GPU. From what you have described, there is seemingly something happening on the GPU level, possibly either in the AMD Adrenalin options, that is causing a conflict.

Please try the troubleshooting steps in the link provided below; these should help resolve your game startup issue:

i dont really know what you mean by disabling it but if u mean disabling the stuff here then it doesnt work.image.png.028822aaf7c9d49bcd3c51bc4b325c4b.pngdisabling the stuff in the image

Share this comment

On 5/9/2024 at 9:11 PM, JanH said:

hello??

Share this comment

On 5/9/2024 at 3:21 PM, violet.. said:

i dont really know what you mean by disabling it but if u mean disabling the stuff here then it doesnt work.image.png.028822aaf7c9d49bcd3c51bc4b325c4b.pngdisabling the stuff in the image

When you turned off these features did you include the Tessellation Mode optimization to also be turned off? You are experiencing the game crash during asset loading which tessellation mode may modify how textures are loaded onto your graphics card. Please double check all available options for Don't Starve Together to make sure things are off or are doing no modifications. Another player who had an issue also had to make Windows use your graphics card in Settings, Graphics Settings, changing Let Windows decide to the target graphics card.

• Like 1

Share this comment

17 hours ago, JesseB_Klei said:

When you turned off these features did you include the Tessellation Mode optimization to also be turned off? You are experiencing the game crash during asset loading which tessellation mode may modify how textures are loaded onto your graphics card. Please double check all available options for Don't Starve Together to make sure things are off or are doing no modifications. Another player who had an issue also had to make Windows use your graphics card in Settings, Graphics Settings, changing Let Windows decide to the target graphics card.

idk how to do that could u please show me how in a discord call or something? my discord is '' vuri. '' with the dot btw, appreciate it

Share this comment