Can't download mods

hanimal21
  • Pending

I have recently bought the game from steam but I haven't been able to download any mods. I can host games though. However, it isn't possible for me to connect to my friends games, because are moded (I haven't tried to join a game without mods yet).

When I download a mod and check its status in the mod section, I can see that mod dissapearing form the list and displaying a message which says "No mods installed".

While checking the client_log file I notice these relevant lines:

CURL ERROR: (motd.klei.com) Operation timed out after 0 milliseconds with 0 out of 0 bytes received
[MOTD] Failed To Get MOTD Info from 'https://motd.klei.com/?game=dst&platform=STEAM&locale=AR&lang=spanish&user=76561198078818654' due to 0. Retrying (4).  
Failed downloading mod!
DownloadPublishedFileV2()
OnDownloadPublishedFileResultV2 
EResult 16, 288602101460363505

Log file is attached in this post. I can't solve this even after searching a lot. Thanks in advance.

error.txt

Steps to Reproduce

1) Go to steam workshop

2) Pick a mod and suscribe (= download)

3) Run the game

4) Go to "Mod" menu

Then you will see mods still trying to be downloaded and failing in the process.

• Sad 1
  • Sad Dupe 1

User Feedback

I am also having this issue (as well as some people in general discussion on this forum and some on the steam discussion tab), I have been trying about everything I can from reinstalling the game fully, to messing with firewall and antivirus settings and nothing seems to work.

Share this comment

The exact same thing happens to me I have been like this for days and I do not receive answers

error don't starve together.png

Share this comment

This problem was solved recently.I didn't do anything. I think it was solve from steam and klei's side.

Edited by hanimal21

Share this comment

I'm still having this issue... not answer until now but since this problem exist since the years ago i don't think i'll have a answer...  probrably better to give up and don't play anymore.

Share this comment